ABOUT Anthony & florent GALASSO
"Their artwork reveals the poetry and beauty that exists within these derelict structures. It is a true testimony of the Art in Ruins."
Who’s behind the project ?
Anthony and Florent GALASSO are two 24-year-old brothers from Burgundy, France.
Fascinated by travel, architecture and atypical places, it is quite naturally that they succumb to the charm of forgotten structures.
They then took it upon themselves to photograph a once sparkling heritage, a bygone era. Their goal is to help discover a parallel universe conducive to questioning and wonder while demonstrating the poetics that exist within these agonizing buildings.
Why forgotten heritage & ruins ?
These two brothers, lulled by passion, are animated like the knights of the Arthurian legend in search of the Grail. They consider the forgotten heritage as the object of their quest called « Symphony Of Decay ».
Light, atmosphere, offers them a palette of unique sensations conducive to the taking of striking photographs. These two artists take advantage of the historical teleportation offered by these places to become true witnesses of involuntary time capsules.
A list where we have exhibited our artworks.
- March 2020 – NEOMA Business School X Soundz, Reims, France
A list of awards won in photographic competitions.
- BIFA Budapest International Foto Awards, Silver Winner, Architecture / Interior
- ND Neutral Density Photography Awards, 1st Place Winner, Architecture / Interior
- MIFA Moscow International Foto Awards, Honorable Mention, Architecture
- VIPA Visions International Photo Awards, Honorable Mention, Architecture / Interior
- APA Annual Photography Awards, Honorable Mention, Architecture
- Chromatic Photography Awards, 3rd Place Winner, Architecture
- Chromatic Photography Awards, Honorable Mention, Architecture
A list of articles and blogs that talk about our work.
- Avril 2020 – Femina.hu, Budapest, Hungary